Sunday, March 10, 2013

Chocolate Waffles on a Sunday!

Every Sunday I go to my grandparents house for tea. It has been a lifelong tradition in my family. Nobody ever gets an invitation but everybody is always welcome to come. 
I try my best to bring something over for tea as no one can expect my grandma to whip up a cake every Sunday! 

I spend a lot of my time watching videos of all sorts but it seems like I always end up watching food videos at 1 am which makes me so hungry at a not so fortunate time.. haha
Some of my favourite food videos are by Laura Vitale and recently I saw her make chocolate waffles. As waffles are one of my favourite foods on earth I decided to whip up my own batch with just slight measurement changes. My recipe ended up making a lot more waffles than I first expected as I ended up with about 18 waffles.

What you will need:
3 cups of flour
1 cup of cocoa powder
1 cup of sugar
3 teaspoons baking powder
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
4 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
3 cups of milk
1 cup of butter, melted (I used 250 grams)


Mix your dry ingredients in a big bowl



Mix the eggs, vanilla, milk and melted butter in a separate bowl


Now mix the two mixtures together


Your batter should look something like this. Now start making your waffles!



Mmmm.....


Sooo good with a dollop of whipped cream! 


The queen of the family! My grandma :)


Such a little beauty!  ♥


My sweet grandpa has been staying at rehabilitation center so we went for a quick visit. He and my cousin Lella Stína are best friends :)


This was taken yesterday but I just love this little lady so much 


My beautiful niece that I love so very much  ♥


Stefanía Chan
Pin It Now!     

12 comments:

  1. Wow chocolate waffles sound amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures :) Your waffles look tasty!
    Kisses!
    Let me know if you would like to follow each other? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those waffels look delish! Trying so hard not to make them myself gotta get fit :P

    Yaz.xx

    Hisociety101.blogpsot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm sure it's okay to indulge once in a while!! :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. They look amazing... actually drooling right now yummmmmm

    Please come and check out my latest post if you have a few minutes spare :)

    p.s. I’ve given the blog a bit of a face lift!

    www.fragile-bird.blogspot.co.uk

    Helen

    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Omg those chocolate waffles look yummy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look lovely!
    I love to bake too, the more chocolate the better!
    Check out some of my recipes?
    http://madeinascot.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete