Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies


Today I fancied a chocolate chip cookie so I made some. My mom has a folder of recipes that she has gathered over the years and I found a recipe for vegan chocolate chip cookies. I am not sure where the recipe comes from but I slightly adapted it. The recipe makes about 18 cookies.

What you will need:
1 cup of spelt flour or any other flour (I mixed white and whole grain spelt flour)
1/2 cup of shredded coconut
1 cup of steel cut oats
1 heaped teaspoon of baking powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1/2 cup of coconut oil
1 cup of agave syrup
1 tablespoon of water
100 grams of chocolate, finely chopped



Preheat your oven to 200°C. Mix everything in a bowl and fold together with a spatula. Make little balls on a baking sheet using a tablespoon. Heat in the oven for 8-10 minutes. You may notice that when they come out of the oven that they will be a little wet put that's how it supposed to be since the will firm up as the cool down. 







The texture of these cookies was so nice as they were very soft and almost cake like. As for the taste, they were very nice and not to sweet!

Stefanía Chan




Pin It Now!     

4 comments:

  1. Girl, that looks so so good and tasty;}X


    http://throughartrelatedtofashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love vegan food. They look so good! -Hanna

    ReplyDelete